Monday, January 23, 2012

Inspiration

Last night i couldn't sleep. It seemed like i rolled around for hours, which i did. In that time I thought about more things than i should and a lot that I shouldn't, because my mind wouldn't shut down. I hate that. In that horrible, agonizing 4 hours I tried to let my exhausted mind wonder to come up with a new idea. I failed of course. I want to know how people come up with their ideas. Do they start with a spark of a tiny minuscule idea, then twist, flatten, mold, beat down, build up and then repeat until its exactly what they want....or do they just wake up and automatically know what they are doing? I wish i was the second. Im the first. Normally its a phrase that has caught my interest. One of my favorite songs has a phrase about hiding their heart in a willow tree. I adore the imagery. thats wrong. ILOVEIT! I have several painting that I've created just from that. Another one (and the one that kept my mind running in circles from last night) is she dreams in colors, she dreams in reds. Can you name that song? I have to come up with something. Im stuck. I think ill wallow in my paint playlist, and ponder some more. How do you come up with your ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment