Sunday, April 8, 2012

The joy of a really good panic attack

And yes that was complete and total sarcasm. Why the panic attack you ask? In one week I will be in a new town trying to make new friends and starting a new life. I fear I'm getting too old for this. Sigh, but complaining about the enevidable is like complaining about your shoe size...nothing can be done about it. So instead of whining like a wuss, I will make a list of my panics and the pros. Kinda like a two sided version of David lettermans top ten 1. Panic- moving away from all my very wonderful friends. Pro- moving away from all the people who annoy the crap out of me 2. Panic- moving away from all the happy little things like target and taco bell Pro- save money and just maybe loose a few pounds 3. Panic-moving out of my large house and downsizing everything! Pro-smaller house means less to clean and there fore less crap to fumble over and misplace 4. Panic- small town...I mean small! Pro- save on gas 5. I don't really have a panic for this one. A co-op art store that I plan on stalking and hanging lots and lots of my happy art 6. Panic- I can no longer use Jolene Perry as my own personal spur of the moment library when I want Pro- I get to use her like a real library and pick up a load of books a month at a time 7. BIG PANIC- way MORE stupid stupid snow! We are talking like eight feet of snow. A maze of snow that winds through the streets....THAT KIND OF SNOW! Pro- it's wet snow, so you can actually make snowman, unlike here. We have cold hard snow. And it doesn't get as cold down there. 8. Panic-I'm saying goodbye to the beautiful matsu mountains Wich I adore. Pro- I'm saying hello to the ocean, Wich I am simply in love with. Maybe I can even get a look at some whales swimming by. Darn it! I've run out of material :) I'll keep everyone posted on my upcoming adventures. When was the last time you had a panic attack? Reasonable or not.

1 comment:

  1. But now there's no need for panic because your move was only a few miles, right?? lol

    ReplyDelete