Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Goals?

My very good friend and fantastic author, Jolene Perry, just did a blog on goals and how they are constantly changing. Seemed like a great idea for a post since I've been drawing a blank since my debut. HA! DRAWING, So I started thinking about my goals...what are they, how many do I have, are they different from this time a week ago, a month ago...a year ago? OFCOURSE they are! My current goal is to wear my awesome heels I've had since December without getting snow in them! A bit shallow, I know. So let's take a crack at them: 1. Start running more...anything at this point would be more 2. Finish the awesome scrap quilt I've started out of designer fabric 3. Successfully move to valdez without a panic attack 4. Sell a painting, greeting card, doodle..anything really, so I can truly live in the happy category of paid artist 5. (and this one never changes) have a wonderful life full of happiness and love So what are your goals? Do they change? Are the shallow like my fantastic shoe goal or are they deep and well thought out? And when you have your list, let's say your lucky enouph to check something off....how does it feel? Sometimes I'm a little sad after checking off a goal, especially if it was a fun process. Like a painting that was delicious from the first moment the idea came to me. My imagination and brush working in complete harmony and the colors so rich and deep you want to lick them. h

2 comments:

  1. Lol, sometimes I write goals down after I've finished them just so I can cross them off and feel productive.

    Honestly my big goals, my long term life and writing goals I rarely write down. It's the day to day goals that get me to the big goals that I list. And they do change, they change constantly as I and my situation in life change and as I learn more. My querying date has been pushed back several times as I have learned how to craft a better book and needed more time to do that. Flexibility in my goals actually helps me achieve them better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Totally made me smile. I think your shoe-wearing goal is a good, worthwhile goal.

    Also. I'M having a freaking panic attack over you moving to Valdez. I see two things happening - my need to go to Valdez will increase along with my gas bill . . .

    ReplyDelete